Monday, December 8, 2008

My First Semester Experience.

My experience this first semester at Mizzou was the last thing I expected. While I was home, I had grow accustomed to the way things were and to be honest, I wasn't that excited about coming here. The idea of being away from my friends and more-so my family, wasn't a favorite of mine. However, I was very happy to find out that Mizzou was much better then expected and was a place that I would grow to be very fond over the next semester. While I still keep in contact with my old friends, I've made new friends here that I know I'll have the rest of my life. Living in the dorms has been the best part of the whole experience because it's given me an opportunity to meet people from different places and make new friends. Another big reason that I was a bit nervous about coming to Mizzou was the classes. I'm not exactly the brightest person you'll meet and I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to do the work. However, again I was proven wrong as my classes have been enjoyable, but challenging at the same time. I've found that I'm learning more in these classes than any other I've taken. I'm actually doing better in my Spanish class here than the one I took at high school, which is saying something. Overall, Mizzou has been a big surprise and a very pleasant one as well.

No comments: