Monday, December 8, 2008

Don't Judge.

So, a semester has come and almost gone, and I have learned a great deal. It was more than I expected, and fantabulous. Advice, right, that is what we are supposed to write about, lessons learned, etc.
Here's my advice: don't judge. I came to MU a tad bit scared of what I was getting into. I had no idea who my room mate was (Trupti) and at the beginning we didn't exactly hit it off very well. We didn't fight or anything, but we weren't best friends or anything like that. Band camp went by, I spent little time in the room, as school started and the first couple weeks nothing changed, all the people on my floor hung out, everyone seemed to like each other and had settled into their cliques, and I felt like the oddball out. Then we went to Sparky's Ice Cream. (Recommendation, and each time you go in ask for Peanut Butter and Jelly and Chocolate Chip Sandwich flavored. They haven't made it yet, but you never know.) We talked and stuff. And we sorta started over, we just got to know each other a little bit more and realized that we weren't as different as we thought we were. We got back and the girl across the hall came in and pretended to yell at us because we were hanging out and didn't invite her - "I liked you better when you hated each other!" and we just cracked up laughing. And from then on we have been friends. It's great. So, don't judge. Things change. And you have to act for them to change - we had to invite each other to do stuff at first, try to get to know each other. It doesn't just fall into your lap magically, but if you try then it probably will work. The end.

No comments: