Sunday, December 7, 2008

Karma Is Very Cruel

This freshman year has pretty much gone the way that I envisioned it would go.  It has been delightfully pleasant and I really wouldn't change a thing about it.  I would like to take this opportunity to compare my year so far to the journey of the great American explorers Louis and Clark.  Much like the two famous and well-respected men I ventured into uncharted college territory and conquered unknown dangers, such as crossing the street to get to Baja Grill, or passing my first test.  Unlike Louis and Clark, however, I had no Sacajawea to guide me to the promised land, I had to do it on my own.  
The only blights on the year so far have been all of the technology problems that I seem to be having.  In the span of three months my ipod, phone, and xbox have broken.  There are a few other things that have gone awry, but they shall not be mentioned here, lest I have to rewrite this blog.  The things that have gone wrong are really based on luck from what I can tell, so I guess I really can't blame college all that much for them.  
If I were to give out some advice on how to get the most out of your college experience, I would first say you should ask someone else.  If you insist on my advice I would tell you to read your books because they help and to just chill out as much as possible.  That advice is about as vague as it gets, but its the best I can give as an unqualified source.  My experiences thus far in the dorms have been absolutely fantastic and really I could not ask for anything better.  We will see how next semester goes but for the most part, college is awesome and all things are good with the world.

No comments: